Thursday, November 12, 2020

Cosmonaut Sketches 02

As promised some months ago, here are the rest of the sketches for the cosmonaut girls in combat, and a somewhat finished version or two below. 

Exploratory sketches:

I don't exactly remember which order I did these in. I'm pretty sure the latter two below were later, though all of this was months ago so who knows. 

The 2nd pic above has the most recent revisions with the black lined character in the foreground (3rd or 4th pass each). Not exactly proud of that, but it's better to be honest about methods rather than saying "I can hit everything perfectly 1st pass in 20 minutes!"  Yeah, maybe a small subset of things I obsess over, but definitely not everything. I still have to put the legwork in just like everybody else.



 All of the above I of course did in my basackwards way, after the first or initial version which is below.

Added some Gaussian blur for a little depth. Even this wasn't the original version; I did some slight revisions even after I'd posted it over on Instagram. In fact the first version of this got the Learnuary treatment by me (or the "How NOT To Draw Like Me" lesson plan):


 At the least and as I always say, my mistakes are to your benefit my tens of viewers.

No comments: