Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Remember...


I found out Wednesday night. And this morning, this is what ended up on my sketch paper...

This was the circle of creativity and mayhem during the Pixar Internship/summer of 2006 (I’m off camera on the sofa; hence the vantage point).

I remember many scenes/conversations/situations like this... The intern room on the second floor east wing, all in an uproar about anything from films to music, to just about everything else that has happened on God's green earth (including Quest for Camelot.... Don't ask.) And in the middle of the chaos, Mark and Pete would storm in and regale us with guitar strums (I still recall those Bernard Hermann chromatic scales) and the telling of various stories - most consisting of poop and cockroach narratives (with some ghost stories to bookend the entire thing)…. We were lovin it.

So many other people and so many other memories there. Where does the time go?...

I never got a chance to take any photos, although I remember Val having a field day with her digital camera (never saw the pics though; I’d really dig having some copies). So, I had to take those pictures *here* (*points to cranium*). And I do this now, because there's a definite absence of that group as of Tuesday...

Colerase, copy paper, PS CS.

In memory of Justin Wright (1981-2008). *Salutes*



3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great, Kyle. Christian Roman found and printed this up. We're creating several memorial boards, and this is definitely going up and, eventually, to his family.
Your salute is definitely returned.

Valerie said...

Hey Kyle, I do have photos... a few of Justin, though I realized I didnt have any with him.. as it happens when you see someone everyday.. .somehow you don't take photos. I'll see about getting them to you. Its been a really tough week or so here. How are you doing? I just wanted to let you know how awesome this drawing is! Everyone here loved it, it really captures the internship.
Valerie

Khylov said...

Austin;

Danke, bro; very thoughtful and most appreciated.

Val;

Thanks again, yo. And about the pics: No worries, if you have time, you know. In fact, having been without any photo documentation of that summer, it'll be cool to see if my memory matches up with reality. Although I realized that the only things missing were the guitar and headphones.... and the sea of storyboards.... dang it.