Saturday, October 13, 2018

Animation Hellhole Memories Part 3

Several pieces that are still in the rough stages, revolving around my scattered memories of the cheap Chinese place we used to hit after animation class over at Allan Hancock, way back during the pre-CalArts days. It's long since gone, but like the old animation classroom or the courtyard next to it there's a bit of nostalgia and comfort for those places which colors my memories. Hence the inclusion of 8 or 16 bit characters and time traveling supermodels in these pics.

No photos that I know of exist for any of these places other than the few I have or of what there is online showing what they've become the meanwhile. Which in some ways makes them more special, not least of which is that it forces me to create the rest of what I can't remember.

In any event, sketch pages showing my thought process. In Pinterest form.

No comments: