Sunday, February 01, 2015

Few But Ripe

The old blog banner's been up for, what, several years now. So, time to give it an overhaul. Will make the actual banner later on if the illustration above holds up to scrutiny over the next few days. 
------------
The uncolored initial first pass. Didn't like the position of the arms, though the perspective on the gun's magazine adds a little extra something. If I'd really been on the ball with harping on the underlying meaning of "pauca sed matura," I'd have given her a plate of grapes instead.
"I believe many works in this world are unnecessary.  I think there are a lot of them like that.  At one point, I thought if I had the time to be making anime like that, I'd rather devote my energy somewhere else... Create 100 things in 10 years or create 1 thing in 10 years." ~Yoshiaki Nishimura

"How do we know movies are even worthwhile?  If you really think about it, is this not just some grand hobby?" ~Hayao Miyazaki


 -----------
Quotes taken from a recent post by Mark Mayerson discussing the new documentary "Kingdom of Dreams and Madness," which apparently covers Studio Ghibli's production philosophy during "Kaze Tachinu" (The Wind Rises).

No comments: